Open Meeting of the DEIA Committee: Thursday June 18 (1 pm EDT) via Zoom
The Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility invites all members of ASECS to join an open meeting on Thursday, June 18, 2020 from 1:00 to 2:15 pm EDT.
The DEIA Committee was established on July 1, 2019, with the following goals:
- to create greater equity, inclusion, and accessibility for ASECS members, and to foster racial, ethnic, and gender diversity within the Society’s ranks;
- to make recommendations to the ASECS Executive Board that will help the Society achieve these goals, and to advise the Executive Board on policies related to these goals; and
- to facilitate communication between Society members and the Board on DEIA-related issues.
Our open meeting is designed to:
- familiarize ASECS members with the work of the DEIA;
- ask how ASECS can best serve you during the time of Covid-19;
- hear your ideas for fostering diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility within the Society.
The meeting is open only to ASECS members, and advanced registration by 9:00 am on June 18 is required. Space is limited, but we will hold a second meeting if needed. The meeting will begin and end in plenary session but will include an interval of break-out groups to enable fuller discussion.
If you wish to submit questions or suggestions in advance or in lieu of attendance, you can do so here, either anonymously or by name, or you can write directly to DEIAfeedback@gmail.com.
We hope to see you on June 18 and wish you health and safety in these difficult times.
The Committee on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility:
Kathryn Desplanque, April Fuller, Sue Lanser (chair), Travis Lau, Mona Narain, Michael Yonan, Eugenia Zuroski